Bird Stock Photography is such a broad area and visually one of the most beautiful photographic areas of the Animal Kingdom. DW Stock helps out by giving you access to our unique range of Australian bird pictures, in addition of course to our other beautiful bird images.
Below is a brief list of some of the Australian bird pictures you'll find on our website:
- Australian Emus (flightless birds), Galahs and thousands of parrot images, Kookaburras and kingfishers, Eagles, Willie Wagtails
- Cassowaries, Finches, Tawny frogmouths, Owls, Darter birds, Black swans, Terns, Nankeen kestrels
- Pictures of colorful parrots, pekin chickens, brush turkeys, honeyeaters, pelicans in flight
- Finches, spoonbills, rosellas, Lorikeets, Rainbow Lorikeets, plovers, superb parrots, rufous whistlers
- Curlews, Ibis, Cockatoos, Great egrets, Friar birds, flycatchers, penguins, ratites, cassowaries, cape barren geese, ducks
- Owls, grebes, petrels, shearwaters, sea birds, storks, falcons, hawks, rails, cranes, waders, shorebirds, oystercatchers,
- dotterels, gulls, nightjars, laughing kookaburras, wrens, pardalotes, thornbills and the list goes on......
These are just a small selection of our bird photographs. If you can't find what you are looking for, just contact our Research Dept and we'll be happy to dig into our files and come up with the perfect bird stock photo for your project.
Interesting bird facts:
- There are over 9000 bird species in the world
- 800 species are found in or around Australia and its island territories.
- Ratites - the group which includes ostriches, cassowaries and emus - large flightless birds
- Mound-builders and true quails - fowl-like birds with short, rounded wings belong to the order Galliformes
- Ducks, geese and swans, collectively known as waterfowl.
- Sea birds are oceanic and offshore birds that eat marine animals, fishes, squids and other invertebrates.
- Herons, Ibises and storks are large, long-necked, heavy-billed birds in the six families that comprise the order Ciconiiformes.
- Raptors and birds of prey that have short, hooked bills, intense eyes and powerful clawed feet.
- Cranes and their relatives are members of the order Gruiformes, ground-feeding birds.
- Waders and shorebirds (suborder Charadrii) make up about 10% of Australia's bird species.
- Pigeons and doves are land birds which eat seeds and fruit
Our current search for 'birds' will show you over 2368 images to select from. Enjoy them and remember, we would have others on file, so just email us.
Our Stock Photography Services
The DW Stock Picture Library is one of Australia's leading stock photograph galleries. Over the last four years the photo library has built up a rich resource of over 200,000 high quality stock images. We represent some of Australia's leading photographers as well as many great international stock agencies.
Our Categories page will show you some of the subjects that we
carry stock photographs of. Aside from our large selection of photographs still waiting to be
loaded on our site, we have enormous coverage of Australian animals
(Kangaroos, Koalas, Insects, Marine life etc.), Australian landscapes and
cities (Deserts, Mountains, National Parks, Beaches, Mood Scenes,
Rainforests) and Travel images covering most countries of the world. Lastly, our people images are natural and not staged.
Combined with this wonderful collection of great stock images covering the widest range of topics, the library is the only one in Australia to also offer
you the freelance services of researchers with extensive knowledge of picture
& text researching, photo-editing and rights & permission clearance. In other
words, if the images you are seeking are not in our files, we will locate them
for you, clear the necessary rights, document all images and finalise the project
on your behalf.
We can assist you in creating and establishing your own
in-house photographic collection, resulting in an efficient filing system where
previously inaccessible images can be easily retrieved and utilised for your in-house
To view samples of projects we have been involved with and for
further information on these and the other services we have to offer, please go
to our portfolio.
Our office hours are 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., Monday to
Friday. Telephone or email your picture request. Images can be sent
via email or cd.
Just use the IMAGE SEARCH box at the top right of this page to get started.